Part Time 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant – Baldock, Hertfordshire
Start Date: Autumn Term (after Oct Half term)
A thriving and diverse Mainstream Primary School located in Baldock are seeking to recruit an experienced SEN Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 on a long-term basis from November 2020. The role will be to work mornings only 8.30 – 12.30.
The school are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced teaching assistant to assist a child with complex SEN. You will be working alongside the class teacher to provide a high standard of support and will need to be able to follow the child’s Education, Health and Care Plan. On the rare occasions that the child is not in school you will then be required to work across the school as a Teaching Assistant where support is needed that day.
- A variety of communication skills to respond to the needs of the child.
- Empathy and understanding of children's individual learning abilities
- Patience and a good sense of humour
- Willing to go the extra mile for the children in their care
- Must have previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant due to the child’s complex needs
About the School:
- Good OFSTED
- Consistently high standards
- Eager children who are keen to learn
- Enthusiastic and talented staff
- Supportive governors and parents
- A commitment to providing a creative curriculum, including extra curricular activities
If this 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant role sounds ideal then please contact Katherine or Ryan at Class Education today on (phone number removed) or apply below.