SEN Teaching Assistant - Stevenage, Hertfordshrie - Fixed Term Contract - September 2021 start - H2: 32.5 hours weekly – 8.45 – 3.15pm
Are you a high quality, enthusiastic teaching assistant whos looking to join a caring and supportive team in Reception for the support of a pupil with additional need?
Class Education are working with a primary school in Stevenage who are looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to provide the care and management of a pupil with cerebral palsy.
The School -
This is a 2 form entry Primary School & Nursery with an attractive site in the Shephall area of Stevenage. The spacious classrooms have interactive whiteboards and the school is well resourced with a computer suite, 2 activity halls, and large fields and playgrounds. A recent Ofsted Report included this quote from a parent "I have been very happy with the quality of the teaching and the care given to my children. I would not hesitate to recommend this school as an excellent, well run and friendly school". We have a talented staff and supportive community offering a wide range of activities.
- To support the pupil between 8.45 – 3.15 both in the classroom and at break and lunchtime with their additional need
- To act as the main point of contact for the pupil between 8.45 and 3.15 and to engage professionally in hand over at the start and end of your session
- Follow the specific terms of the pupil’s Health Care Plan
- To follow the NHS training with regard to lifting and handling and use of specialised equipment
- Act on daily adjustments to Health Care Plan as advised by the parent/carer
- Liaise with parents and carers by log and telephone in a prompt manner
- Attend to pupil’s personal needs, including social, health, hygiene (including pupils with delayed continence), first-aid and welfare matters
- To support pupil with their class learning
The Person -
- Experience of working with children with additional need
- Experience of working with pupils in EYFS
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Basic knowledge of first-aid
- Ability to accurately keep records
- Ability to work in a team
- NVQ Level 3 or above in Childcare Learning and Development.