This is a dynamic, exciting and progressive secondary special school with an innovative and constantly evolving curriculum for boys with social, emotional and mental health related difficulties. They wish to appoint a passionate, dedicated and determined Instructor who can build excellent relationships with students, for September 2021.
• Sept 2021 Start
• Full Time
• Fixed Term 12 months initially with option to become Permanent
• Key Stage 3 & 4
• EBD School
• £18,852 - £29,814 Unqualified Teacher Payscale
About the Role
• Can deliver high quality onsite and offsite adventurous activities to pupils who are assigned to the post holder.
• Is qualified to teach a range of exhilarating activities, examples of which being, paddle sports, sailing, raft build, climbing, abseil, fencing, rifle shooting, high ropes, orienteering, archery, hill walking, survival skills, obstacle courses, mountain biking, bushcraft, horticulture and so many more!
• Can Deliver these activity sessions safely whilst ensuring the activities are fun and educational.
• Hold suitable qualifications for adventurous actives such as National Governing Body (NGB) qualifications from English Fencing, Archery GB, NSRA, NUCO, BCU, DofE and RYA
• Has a passion for helping pupils who have experienced challenging circumstances,
• A can-do attitude and being keen to create hands on learning experiences.
• Is willing to think in creative ways that help engage leaners.
Their pupils have Education Health Care Plans but thrive in their nurturing and well-structured environment. You will need to be resilient and ready for the challenges that we face with thier pupils. However, you can be assured that your work will transform lives. They value thier staff and being part of a cohesive team is essential for them, as they are a small and friendly school.
Class sizes are small, no more than 7 pupils. They are superbly resourced. Almost all teaching groups have a teacher and teaching assistant to work with pupils.
Their constant challenge is to review and alter their practice to ensure the very best outcomes for their pupils. They have a wide range of initiatives in place from bespoke intervention support, counselling, animal assisted therapy to an interactive thematic curriculum which engages and inspires our pupils.
All staff are trained in the use of Hertfordshire Steps as a behaviour management system and there are a number of staff incentive programmes that recognise and support their dedicated staff, including:
• Varied CPD opportunities that enhance knowledge and skills
• Staff well-being scheme and support for further study,
• Excellent ICT provision,
• Free Medicash membership. This equates to cash back for various routine medical appointments such as eye tests and dentistry etc. as well as a range of discounts in many shops. Staff can opt to add family members and children whilst in full time study are included for free.
• Their own independent pay scale which is higher than national scales
Please do contact Class Education today for further details or information on how to apply for this exciting opportunity