1:1 Learning Support Assistant, Letchworth, Full Time (37 hours) per week term time only
Are you an experienced Learning Support Assistant who is looking for a full-time role working 1:1 with a Visually Impaired Year 11 student?
Would you like to work in an outstanding independent school in Letchworth?
- 1:1 Learning Support Assistant
- Working with a visually impaired Year 11 student
- Full time position 37 hours a week (term time only)
- 8.30 - 16.00 with 30 min lunch
- September 2019 start
- Letchworth, Hertfordshire
- Independent School
- £70 - £100 per day
Class Education are working exclusively with an outstanding independent school in Letchworth who are looking to appoint, as soon as possible, a nurturing, caring Learning Support Assistant to work 1:1 with a Year 11 Visually Impaired (VI) pupil.
The work of the Learning Support Assistant will be coordinated, supported and monitored by the Coordinators of Individual Needs.
An important part of the role will be to liaise effectively with colleagues who have an academic or pastoral role with this pupil as well supporting pupils in-class across the Senior School.
You will be well supported by a Coordinator of Individual Needs and have access to a newly refurbished Tutorial Centre which has teaching rooms, study space, facilities for photocopying, refreshments, etc. Each Tutor room is equipped with a computer and LSA’s must have adequate skills to support pupils in using ICT.
- English and Maths GCSE level 4, or equivalent.
- Competence using Word, Excel, Adobe (PDF files) and moving information, images and text between programmes adhering to copyright regulations.
- Experience of working up to GCSE level across a variety of subjects would be beneficial as the VI modification work is now all GCSE level work.
- Experience with VI modification or support of a student with VI would be desirable.
Why work for Class Education:
- Personal and Friendly service with a dedicated consultant who will work one to one with you
- Competitive pay rates paid PAYE not via costly umbrella schemes which means you earn more!
- Easy registration procedure
- Email confirmation with all booking information
- No Time Sheets! We look after it all for you
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position you can apply by contacting Katherine at Class Education for an informal conversation.